Coding in the AI Era: Dr. Harvey Castro’s Deep Dive into Transformative Technologies
Generative AI in healthcare is … truly wild. A technology in bloom with little to no regulations, with all the messiness and breathless optimism that entails.
The accuracy of these products including ChatGPT are a work in progress. As this podcast debuts ChatGPT outperformed humans on a mock version of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) boards, but in another study nearly 75% of its answers to drug-related questions were incomplete or wrong, including some outright hallucinations.
But like it or not this technology is here on our doorstep. A Dec. 6 KLAS report said that 58% of healthcare executives said their organization will implement or acquire a generative AI solution in 2024.
In fact, if you’re a CDI or coding professional, you may already be coding from an AI generated history and physical, or progress note. Also, the headline for this show was written by… ChatGPT. I wrote the rest.
Joining me to discuss the topic is Dr. Harvey Castro. Dr. Castro is a serial entrepreneur, a physician who in the course of his work taking care of patients quickly saw the power of AI and decided to go all in. His Linkedin profile lists him as a “ChatGPT Healthcare Advisor.” He’s the CEO of Medical Intelligence Ops, an assistant professor at the University of Texas at San Antonio, an author, and a national speaker, including a keynote at this week’s HIMSS conference “AI in Healthcare Forum.”
Listen in as we discuss:
- A self-indulgent turn into podcasting software (Castro’s setup is far better than mine)
- Why is my cup half empty and Castro’s overflowing with optimism—what makes him so damned positive about generative AI?
- Emerging AI powered healthcare technologies that excite Castro, and you should probably know about
- Applications in the coding/billing/mid-revenue cycle space
- A plunge into the deep end, and beyond—Elon Musk conspiracy theories and The Singularity
- How a CDI and coding professional could use these tools today, and in the future
- Existential threats posed to work
Listen to the full episode here: https://podcasts.apple.com/ph/podcast/coding-in-the-ai-era-dr-harvey-castros-deep-dive-into/id1641739619?i=1000638449263
Related News & Insights
By Brian Murphy CDI professionals (and clinically astute coders) can positively impact patient care. How? By being…
Comments to NCQA due March 13 By Brian Murphy The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) wants…