Make Your Dream Job Your Reality
Facility OP Coder- Remote
- Direct Hire
- AAPC OR AHIMA cert required
- Full time days Monday-Friday
- SDS, OBS and Injections/Infusions
- Cardiac Cath
- Meditech expereince strongly preferred.
The HIM Acute Outpatient Coder shall review hospital outpatient medical documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-PCS codes. The specialist will perform coding across multiple locations. Will match outpatient coding area to experience (i.e. ED, Same Day Surgery, Routine Outpatient, Recurring, etc).
- Coding Technical Skills that include CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS
- Candidate must display a superior knowledge of Coding Guidelines (Coding Clinic, UHDDS Official Coding Guidelines, CCI Edits).
- Analytical Skills that include effective evaluation, synthesis and use of information gathered
- Ability to maintain 96% accuracy rate
- Experience with physician querying
- Ability to respond to coding issues specific to Outpatient Coding
- Candidate must have experience with 3M Encompass 360, experience using Meditech
- Candidate must be self-motivated, display a high level of computer literacy, excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to meet assigned deadlines, and organized
- The position will report to the HIM Outpatient Coding Manager
- Ability to meet coding productivity standards