Make Your Dream Job Your Reality
RN Staff Educator
RN Staff Educator
- Coordinates clinical staff orientation programs with HR
- Acts as resource and nursing advocate in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating all contact hour educational activities.
- Maintains staff educational files.
- Participates in hospital committee meetings as assigned.
- Ensures problems/concerns regarding activities in the hospital/department are communicated appropriately.
- Educates patients, families, and significant others regarding treatment, tests, special procedures, medications, and safety.
- Initiates and conducts emergency measures (including CPR) required to stabilize the patient’s condition.
- Actively participates in the development and assessment of patient care issues related to Performance Improvement activities for the department.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and react effectively to the unique/special needs of adolescents, adults, and/or elderly patients.
- Demonstrates leadership, communication, and teaching skills.
- Practices appropriate infection control and isolation techniques to maintain a safe environment and control the spread of infection.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Initiates emergency measures in the event of disaster or threat to the facility as per emergency plans and protocols.
- Seeks the assistance of the Chief Clinical Officer regarding areas of concern or conflicts with families, co-workers, or patients in a professional, proactive, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a patient advocate; demonstrates compassion and empathy with patients and their families.
- Orchestrates annual competency assessment skills fair and validation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts BLS and ACLS classes monthly.
- Participates in DNV Compliance activities.
- Provides an annual needs assessment annually and provides education accordingly
- Participation in professional development council.
- Provides formal education to nursing and allied health staff.
- Participates in ongoing professional development related to the Educator role.
- Coordinates Nurse Internship Program.
- Coordinates Nurse Preceptor Program.
- Operates within hospital policies and procedures and assists with forms and policy updates.
- Manages Nursing and Allied Health School Affiliations
- Serves as a CNE resource to the Approved Provider Unit and others as needed.
- Remain current on ANCC/TNA criteria/guidelines.
- Advocates for resources – human, material, and financial –ensure the Approved Provider Unit meets its goals related to quality outcomes and nursing professional development.
- Ensures the Approved Provider Unit is in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and
- regulations that impact the organization’s ability to meet ANCC/TNA criteria and maintain the Approved Provider Unit.
- Schedules, coordinates, and promotes educational/CEU activities to support ongoing RN professional development.
- Works with Corporate Director of Clinical Operations for CEU presentations approval and program recordkeeping compliance.
- Assists the Corporate Director of Clinical Operations in identifying the nursing audience within each facility for each activity.