Make Your Dream Job Your Reality
Norwood Payroll Specialist
Full Job Description:
“Why not? Why can’t you have it all? A flexible, professional work environment; a brand and vision you are proud to be a part of; a group of talented people you want to spend time with; and be successful. Why not? If it doesn’t exist, then create it. That’s where our story begins.
Norwood is a staffing and consulting company specialized in Healthcare Mid-Revenue Cycle management. Our team of staffing experts has placed thousands of Mid-Revenue Cycle professionals in both project-based and permanent opportunities, supporting teams ranging from small, community-based hospitals to the largest healthcare systems in the nation.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Payroll Specialist. The Payroll Specialist will manage payroll and accounts receivable for Norwood. The Payroll Specialist plays an integral part of our dynamic organization, responsible for a broad range of responsibilities in support of the overall finance function. The ideal individual will have a high sense of urgency, a passion for continuous learning, a “one team” mentality, and the ability to develop authentic relationships.
This position reports to the SVP of Finance and is fully remote.
- Review and verify accuracy of electronic timekeeping records on Bullhorn Backoffice for all hourly non-exempt employees.
- Contact employees and managers about any payroll discrepancies; resolve payroll issues in timely and professional manner.
- Ensure the proper approval of employees’ time by managers.
- Run payroll processes, follow documented processing steps which include detailed auditing of information, and transmit payroll.
- Prepare and reconcile pre/post payroll reports as needed to ensure accuracy of payroll data transmitted to Payroll vendor, and paychecks received by employees
- Assist in any payroll related audit responsibilities.
- Management of client invoicing process
- Manage ad-hoc projects in support of the finance function
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or equivalent professional work experience
- 3+ years payroll experience (recruitment industry preferred)
- Well-founded grasp of payroll for 100+ employees
- Proven knowledge of Accounts Receivable (AR)
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the company
- High sense of urgency, “one team” mindset, positive attitude
Why Join Norwood?
Norwood is a healthcare staffing and consulting firm focused on Mid-Revenue Cycle management. We are driven by our core values of Unity, Integrity, Empowerment, Balance, and Authenticity. Operating in 50 states and supporting 947+ hospitals, Norwood's team members have autonomy to move fast and do what's right.
Founded in 2016, we seek to provide a home for industry leading professionals who are tired of working for private equity owned employers where EBITA driven metrics stifle their ability to provide superior customer service. Since establishing a team, Norwood has achieved exponential year over year growth. We remain privately owned with no investors or equity partnerships.
Norwood prides itself on helping team members find balance and fulfillment in their work and personal lives. Norwood is proud to invest in benefits that include: unlimited vacation time and paid holidays, parental leave, health, dental, & vision coverage, and short-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a professional headshot reimbursement.
Norwood is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.