Make Your Dream Job Your Reality
The HIM Acute Outpatient Coder shall shall review hospital outpatient medical documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-PCS codes. Facility ED coding with DX, CPT, Facility E&M and Injection & Infusion coding from scratch . Must have experience in charge validation for ED, minimum 3 years Facility ED coding current experience
- Minimum 1 year of Acute Outpatient hospital coding required, 3 years preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of UHDDS guidelines, CCI Edits, Coding Clinic, etc.
- Meditech experience required
- Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Education: RHIT or RHIA preferred
- Experience: 1 year of Acute Inpatient Coding Experience
- Certification/Licensure: CCS Certification
- Software/Hardware: 3M experienced required