Make Your Dream Job Your Reality
Director of Case Management
Director of Case Management
The Director, Care Management [DCM] is accountable for patient care, outcomes, and satisfaction associated with care transition functions. The DCM is accountable for engaging and dynamic leadership that drives performance and outcome that meet or exceed regional and national peers. This includes: annually establishing ministry-specific strategic and operational plans (incorporating clinical, administrative and financial goals, objectives and metrics), managing to pre-determined metrics (meeting or exceeding expectations); people management and development; and services that are ultimately patient-centered and focused, and delivery on the Triple Aim.
Critical to the success of the DCM is delivery on customer service and communication, throughout and from all levels of responsibility, that encourage stakeholder engagement, collaboration and which support stakeholder satisfaction. This includes one-to-one interaction and education, presentations, and performance reporting.In this position you will:
- Directly supervise, manage and foster professional development of staff within areas of responsibility. Apply uniform standards of practice, support the recruitment of qualified individuals, and provide ongoing education, evaluation and performance feedback as appropriate.
- Annually develop and engage a strategic work plan that incorporates quality, clinical, administrative and financial goals and objectives. Then actively work and deliver on the plan metrics (meeting or exceeding stated objectives).
- Continuously seeks to improve quality, performance, and outcomes, as well as support a safe environment for all individuals served, and other appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop budget for all areas of responsibility, including staffing productivity and performance metrics. Monitor and manage any variance against budget, with the expectation of meeting or exceeding planned performance.
- Foster collaborative communication and engagement with the medical staff and other community care partners to support optimal care transitions and patient experience.
- Collaborate with the oversight and management of the ministries Physician Advisor program to ensure appropriate medical staff engagement, education, understanding and compliance.
- Is directly accountable for ministry care transitions related to case management, utilization management, discharge planning, and psychosocial interventions.
- Identify and acts on negative trends and variances as appropriate.
- Manage regular reporting and communication to appropriate ministry and regional stakeholders regarding care management performance and outcomes.
- Actively seek out consultation and support to/from executive leadership for challenges related to areas of responsibility, patient care, and patient outcomes.
- Serve as a coach, mentor, educator and advocate for direct reports, medical staff and ultimately the individual served.
- Ensure appropriate licensing, regulatory and accreditation compliance at all times.
- Actively seek to improve quality and care programming to meet the core objectives of the Triple Aim, and for the benefit of the individuals served.
- Act as point and liaison for various community care partners that may be involved in care transitions and continuum of care pre/post-hospitalization.
- Support a culture of learning and excellence, that includes continuous professional development of staff and self.
- Participate and chair (co-chairs) hospital/medical staff committee meetings as required.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
2 years Care management experience in an acute care setting/environment
2 years Healthcare management related to acute care case management
Knowledge of principles and practice of acute case management
Knowledge of evidence-based practice
Understanding of the care continuum and care transitions related to acute care ministries
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (required if nursing)
Master's Degree in Social Work (required if other than nursing)