Make Your Dream Job Your Reality
Travel and Onboarding Specialist
Travel and Onboarding Specialist
“Why not? Why can’t you have it all? A flexible, professional work environment; a brand and vision you are proud to be a part of; a group of talented people you want to spend time with; and be successful. Why not? If it doesn’t exist, then create it.” That’s where our story begins.
Norwood is a staffing and consulting company specialized in Healthcare Mid-Revenue Cycle management. Our team of staffing experts has placed thousands of Mid-Revenue Cycle professionals in both project-based and permanent opportunities, supporting teams ranging from small, community- based hospitals to the largest healthcare systems in the nation.
We are looking for a highly driven Onboarding and Travel Specialist. The Onboarding and Travel Specialist will support Norwood’s high growth needs for Mid-Revenue Cycle candidates. The Onboarding and Travel Specialist plays an integral part of our dynamic onboarding team, responsible for a broad range of responsibilities in support of the overall employee experience operations. In this role you will develop strong relationships with our recruitment team as well as the consultants we serve. The ideal individual will have a high sense of urgency, a passion for continuous learning, a “one team” mentality, and the ability to develop authentic relationships.
This position reports to the Employee Experience Manager and is fully remote.
- Assist the Employee Experience team with onboarding and travel support for traveling consultants
- Provide responsive, top notch customer service to travelers
- Collaborate with recruiting, sales, and solutions teams
- Proactively build a more scalable and creative onboarding and training process for booking travel and completing expense reports, while ensuring Norwood compliance is met
- Create travel authorization for employees
- Build strong relationships with travelers to create an enjoyable and positive employee experience
- Serve as liaison and provide support to troubleshoot travel issues for traveling consultants
- Proactively highlight issues and concerns addressed with travelers and travel vendors to the Employee Experience Manager
- Identify and provide justification for any charges in excess of per diem; identify unallowable costs.
- Track license and certification expirations for all consultants to ensure timely renewals
- Collaborate with other internal departments to share necessary information and updates as needed
- Complete and socialize regular data quality reviews and audits; help drive process improvements
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of Norwood systems, plans, policies, processes, and payroll
- 2+ years of experience in an office/remote setting or customer service workforce (1+ year of staffing experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent professional work experience
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to act with empathy and communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Strong understanding of computer software, Applicant Tracking Systems and MS Office highly preferred
- Understanding of staffing solutions and candidate compliance processes
- Experience exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- High sense of urgency, “one team” mindset, positive attitude Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to achieve desired results while working independently or collaboratively in a team environment.
- At least 1 year Travel Nursing or Allied Health travel credentialing preferred
- Healthcare staffing experience
- Experience working with Travel Inc./Concur
Norwood is a healthcare staffing and consulting firm focused on Mid-Revenue Cycle management. We are driven by our core values of Unity, Integrity, Empowerment, Balance, and Authenticity. Operating in 50 states and supporting 1000+ hospitals, Norwood’s team members have autonomy to move fast and do what’s right.
Founded in 2016, we seek to provide a home for industry leading professionals who are tired of working for private equity owned employers where EBITA driven metrics stifle their ability to provide superior customer service. Since establishing a team, Norwood has achieved exponential year over year growth. We remain privately owned with no investors or equity partnerships.
Norwood prides itself on helping team members find balance and fulfillment in their work and personal lives. Norwood is proud to invest in benefits that include: unlimited vacation time and paid holidays, parental leave, health, dental, & vision coverage, and short-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a professional headshot reimbursement.
Norwood is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability