|1. Provides daily work direction and education to coding staff in specialty area as needed.
• Effectively communicates and provides constructive feedback
• Positively influences other coders and staff to do their best
• Performs coding quality reviews on a monthly basis, and shares findings with staff.
• Monitors daily workflow to ensure timely charge capture and follow up.
• Assists with performance feedback and development of staff
• Answers questions and helps coders to do their best work
2. Codes intermediate to complex diagnostic, Evaluation and Management, surgical and procedural services applying current billing and coding regulations and policies. May also include highly technical coding as well.
• Ensures accurate diagnoses, procedure codes and other specified data to ensure appropriate/optimal reimbursement for facility and/or professional charges utilizing information from medical records and following established methods and procedures
• Provide coding expertise for sub specialties within Divisions, Implements CPT/ICD-10 changes and communication materials
3. Independently consults with Providers, nursing and ancillary personnel to provide detailed coding information and on-going education.
• Maintains current knowledge of all coding, payer and compliance requirements and regulations
• Keeps abreast of changes in specialty area and trouble shoots needed changes in work products.
• Works directly with Providers on documentation requirements and promotes educational opportunity
• Facilitates and fills in when manager is absent
4. Provides education to coding staff when needed.
5. Monitor daily workflow to ensure timely charge capture and follow up.
6. Researches and resolves problematic issues in a timely manner and provide on-going feedback to management and/or Providers.
• Identifies problems and provide positive resolutions using knowledge of best practice in charge capture.
7. Completes daily Epic work files and task lists as assigned. Helps manage appeals process as needed.
8. Assists with daily management of coding activities and performs special projects as requested.
9. Performs other duties including Performance Goals developed by manager and employee and reported in the employee’s Performance Review as part of UMPhysicians’ Performance Management tools