Make Your Dream Job Your Reality
Inpatient Coders needed
Reviews and interprets physician documentation to appropriately assign diagnosis and procedure codes.
• Communicates with and provides feedback to the education team and/or providers.
• Reviews patient charges to determine necessary coding to complete the account.
• Identifies principle and secondary diagnoses as well as procedure codes from the electronic medical record.
• Utilizes the encoder or coding books to generate ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT codes for diagnosis and procedures.
• Sequences diagnosis and procedures to generate appropriate billing.
• Queries physicians to obtain diagnosis if not clearly provided in records.
• Utilizes other available resources for assignment of codes as necessary (e.g., Epic, MIQS, Cardio IMS, and coding reference materials).
• Assists other coders in resolving coding problems.
• Provides ICD-10 and CPT, for physician research projects, and for quality reporting purposes.