Make Your Dream Job Your Reality
Lead Medical Social Worker | LCSW
Lead Medical Social Worker | LCSW
- The Lead Medical Social Worker will provide the same psychosocial assessment and intervention strategies as the Medical Social Workers within their service areas.
- As the social worker, they assist families in resolving complex personal and environmental difficulties which interfere with effective social functioning and obtaining maximum benefit from medical care.
- Participates as a professional team member in patient care planning along with other hospital community agency personnel.
- Provide education/consultation to health care professionals and the community regarding the impact of psychosocial factors.
- Responsible for the delivery of social work services which are available to the patient, the patient’s family, and other persons significant to the patient.
- This position will collaborate interdepartmentally with all division of the hospital and is to be well organized and integrated with other units, clinics, and departments.
- While maintaining responsibilities within the Social Work service area, the Lead Medical Social Work position will provide a leadership role within the Department of Social Work by providing staff support to other social workers within the hospital.
- They assist the Manager in onboarding and training, staff development, clinical support, mentoring, scheduling, and leadership coverage when the Manager is unavailable.
- The Clinical Team Lead Senior Medical Social Worker serves as an expert clinical practitioner who utilizes specialized knowledge, skill and competency required through education and experience to promote and assists in providing quality patient care in all units.
- This position performs clinical duties including new staff orientation and onboarding, and training for the delivery of social work services which are available to the patient, the patient’s family and other persons significant to the patient.
- This position is responsible for rounding, supervision and case review, and organizing and conducting staff meetings and trainings with after-hours staff.
- This position provides collaborative support to the Department manager to develop and implement a framework of training for department of social work staff, with a focus on support to the afterhours full time and pool staff members.
- This position provides backup direct patient care social work services as needed including psychosocial assessment and intervention strategies to assist families in resolving complex personal and environmental difficulties which interfere with effective social functioning and obtaining maximum benefit from medical care.
- This position provides a leadership role within the Department of Social Work and providing back up for the Manager in onboarding and training, staff development, clinical support, mentoring, scheduling, and leadership coverage when the Manager is unavailable.
- This position assists the Department Manager with necessary planning and coordinating with hospital and department staff and collaborates interdepartmentally with all divisions of the hospital to improve health care services that are responsive to patient and family needs, community partner relationships, and to meet the hospital mission and values. T
- his position participates in special projects designed to strengthen the Department’s ability to serve patient needs and support staff.
· on-site health clinic for employees
· 100% coverage for preventative health
· medical coverage with additional on-demand coverage
· dental coverage
· vision coverage
· many wellness and employee assistance programs, including challenges to help reduce premium costs
· full-time, part-time and weekend eligible day 1
· full-time: 8.3 hours/pay period
· part-time: 4.19 hours/pay period
· weekends only: 5.076 hours/pay period
· additional PTO awarded every 5 years of service
Life, Retirement and Financial Benefits
· free basic life coverage and accidental death coverage at two times your annual salary*
· employer contribution match up to 4%
· employee care fund
· short-term disability
· long-term disability
· bereavement leave
· parental leave
· pet insurance
· tuition assistance
· employee discount programs
“By submitting your applicant to this need you are acknowledging that you have checked and have no inclination that your candidate has applied directly to this position. Any candidate that has applied directly is not eligible to be onboarded through and agency.”
Masters: Social Work (Required)
LISW – Licensed Independent Social Worker – Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage & Family Therapist Board
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
ADDITIONAL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- Masters in Social Work (Required) LISW – Licensed Independent Social Worker – Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage & Family Therapist Board, LISW, LPCC