Make Your Dream Job Your Reality
Internal IP/OP Medical Coding Auditor
Internal IP/OP Medical Coding Auditor
To Apply for this Job Click Here
“Why not? Why can’t you have it all?" A flexible, professional work environment; a brand and vision you are proud to be a part of; a group of talented people you want to spend time with; and be successful. Why not? If it doesn’t exist, then create it. That’s where our story begins.
Norwood is a staffing and consulting company specialized in Healthcare Mid-Revenue Cycle management. Our team of staffing experts has placed thousands of Mid-Revenue Cycle professionals in both project-based and permanent opportunities, supporting teams ranging from small, community-based hospitals to the largest healthcare systems in the nation.
TITLE: Quality Assurance HIM Coding Auditor
LOCATION: 100% Remote
We are looking for a dynamic H.I.M. Coding Quality Auditor. This position is an internal quality auditor, providing on-boarding pre-bill and continuing quality reviews.
- Seeking a highly experienced HIM Coding Auditor
- Coding quality reviews for Inpatient services
- Preferred experience performing quality review for Outpatient services
- Provide detailed coder feedback with detailed educational content and specific references
- Comfortable educating staff in coding quality
- Communicates professionally in a prescribed timely manner with co-workers, management, and hospital staff
- Professional Certification: CCS, CPC, COC, RHIA or RHIT
- 3 years of current Inpatient Auditing experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICD-10 CM/PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, Coding Clinics, Clinical Validation
- Preferred experience with Outpatient services
- Including ASU, ED, EM leveling (both facility and Pro-fee), Injection & Infusions, Modifiers, NCCI edits
- Experience with multiple EMR Systems such as Epic, Cerner, and Meditech
- Experience with facility access platforms: Citrix, VMWare, Remote Desktop, Microsoft MFA, Global Protect.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Participates and provides good feedback during coding section meetings, coding education in-services, and coder/CDMP meetings. Takes initiative to assist others and shares knowledge with the coding group and business partners on official coding guidelines.
- Assists with quality assurance (peer) reviews to ensure data integrity and accuracy of coding, identifies opportunities for improvements, and makes recommendations for optimal enhancements
Why Join Norwood?
Norwood is a healthcare staffing and consulting firm focused on Mid-Revenue Cycle management. We are driven by our core values of Unity, Integrity, Empowerment, Balance, and Authenticity. Operating in 50 states and supporting 947+ hospitals, Norwood's team members have autonomy to move fast and do what's right.
Founded in 2016, we seek to provide a home for industry leading professionals who are tired of working for private equity owned employers where EBITA driven metrics stifle their ability to provide superior customer service. Since establishing a team, Norwood has achieved exponential year over year growth. We remain privately owned with no investors or equity partnerships.
Norwood prides itself on helping team members find balance and fulfillment in their work and personal lives. Norwood is proud to invest in benefits that include: unlimited vacation time and paid holidays, parental leave, health, dental, & vision coverage, and short-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a professional headshot reimbursement.
Norwood is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.